In the era of a knowledge-based economy, the role of research cannot be overemphasised. Research becomes a vital tool for information gathering, information critical to sound decision-making. The Market Research Society Singapore has articulated a set of objectives which challenge members toward professionalism and excellence.
- To upgrade the research profession by promoting and ensuring high standards among its members in the conduct of marketing and opinion research through generally accepted research methodologies.
- To promote public understanding and appreciation of the nature and value of market research as a management tool.
- To adopt a Code of Ethics for members and to ensure observance of the Code's provisions.
- To foster fellowship among practitioners, respect each other's professionalism and recognise that trade secrets are to be respected.
- To serve as a focal point for the exchange of information and ideas.
- To encourage the development of new techniques and methodologies in marketing and/or opinion research.
- To serve as a coordinating body to solve shared problems and to act as spokesman of members, when necessary.